Attend and speak directly to members of the Commission on how they can reflect racial justice, equity, and fairness in the City’s laws.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC INPUT SESSION
The New York City Racial Justice Commission will host a Public Input Session in the Bronx on structural changes in the NYC Charter to achieve racial equity. Doors open to the public at 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, November 10, 2021.
The public input session will be held in-person:
Wednesday, November 10th
5:00 – 8:00 PM
(sign-up begins at 5:00, session begins promptly at 5:30 PM)
Sonia Sotomayor Community Center
1000 Rosedale Ave
Bronx, NY 10472*Ramp is accessible at the main entrance
- Reservation is for in-person attendance only. Registration is not required, but helps us provide ample physical distancing.
- Please note that upon entering, all meeting attendees must undergo a temperature check and may also be required to complete a health screen.
- Inside the space all attendees will be required to practice physical distancing and those attendees over the age of two who are medically able to tolerate a face covering will be required to wear a face covering.
- In order to permit physical distancing, the capacity of the meeting room is limited to 77 people. An overflow room accommodating 20 people will also be available if necessary.
Please do not attend in-person if:
- You have experienced any symptoms of COVID-19 within the past 10 days (a fever of 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit or greater, a new cough, new loss of taste or smell, or shortness of breath).
- You have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 10 days.
- You have been in close contact (within 6 feet for at least 10 minutes over a 24- hour period) with anyone while they had COVID-19 within the past 10 days and are required to quarantine under existing CDC guidance (you have not had COVID-19 within the past 3 months, and you are not fully vaccinated).
Members of the public may view or listen to the session remotely:
- View via live-stream at on.nyc.gov/racialjusticepublicinput
- Dial in by phone to listen to the input session via the information below:
- Audio conference: +1 646 558 8656; Enter Webinar ID: 812 7248 3357
This meeting is open to the public and the public will have the opportunity to testify before members of the NYC Racial Justice Commission. Any member of the public may testify for up to three (3) minutes, including a single designated representative on behalf of a group, organization, or institution. New Yorkers from any of the five boroughs may testify. We will do our best to accommodate everyone who signs up to speak at this hearing, but if time does not permit, will make available other opportunities to testify at one of the Commission’s subsequent public input sessions, whether virtually or in-person. You may also provide input online.
What if I need assistance to observe the meeting? American Sign Language and Spanish interpretation will be provided on-site. Please make language interpretation and/or other accessibility requests by 10:00 a.m. on November 5, 2021 by emailing the Commission at [email protected] or by calling (718) 354-2718 and leaving a voicemail. All requests will be accommodated to the extent possible.