Attend and speak directly to members of the Commission on how they can reflect racial justice, equity, and fairness in the City’s laws.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC INPUT SESSION
The New York City Racial Justice Commission will host a Public Input Session in Brooklyn on structural changes in the NYC Charter to achieve racial equity. Doors open to the public at 5:00 p.m. on Monday, November 8, 2021.
The public input session will be held in-person:
Monday, November 8th
5:00 – 8:00 PM
(sign-up begins at 5:00, session begins promptly at 5:30 PM)
200 Eastern Pkwy
Brooklyn, NY 11238
*Ramp is accessible at the main entrance. More information about the location’s accessibility.
- Must register in advance to attend. Entrance into the location requires pre-registration. NO ON-SITE REGISTRATION IS ALLOWED
- This location follows NYC’s COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, requiring all attendees to show proof of at least one vaccination. More information can be found online.
- Inside the space all attendees will be required to practice physical distancing and those attendees over the age of two who are medically able to tolerate a face covering will be required to wear a face covering.
- In order to permit physical distancing, the capacity of the room is limited to 100 persons.
Please do not attend in-person if:
- You have experienced any symptoms of COVID-19 within the past 10 days (a fever of 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit or greater, a new cough, new loss of taste or smell, or shortness of breath).
- You have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 10 days.
- You have been in close contact (within 6 feet for at least 10 minutes over a 24- hour period) with anyone while they had COVID-19 within the past 10 days and are required to quarantine under existing CDC guidance (you have not had COVID-19 within the past 3 months, and you are not fully vaccinated).
Members of the public may view or listen to the session remotely:
- View via live-stream at on.nyc.gov/racialjusticepublicinput
- Dial in by phone to listen to the input session via the information below:
- English Audio conference: +1 646 558 8656; Enter webinar ID: 863 3737 9741
This meeting is open to the public and the public will have the opportunity to testify before members of the Commission. Any member of the public may testify for up to three (3) minutes, including a single designated representative on behalf of a group, organization, or institution. New Yorkers from any of the five boroughs may testify. We will do our best to accommodate everyone who signs up to speak at this hearing, but if time does not permit, will make available other opportunities to testify at one of the Commission’s subsequent public input sessions, whether virtually or in-person.
What if I need assistance to observe the meeting? American Sign Language and Spanish interpretation will be provided on-site. Please make language interpretation and/or other accessibility requests by 10:00 a.m. on November 4, 2021 by emailing the Commission at [email protected] or by calling (718) 354-2718 and leaving a voicemail. All requests will be accommodated to the extent possible.
- Public Notice – Bengali
- Public Notice – Chinese Simplified
- Public Notice – Chinese Traditional
- Public Notice – French
- Public Notice – Haitian Creole
- Public Notice – Korean
- Public Notice – Spanish
- Public Notice – Urdu
This event was rescheduled from October 27th, 2021.